Aside from the 10th year anniversary iPhone, the Galaxy Note 8 would be next in line as this year’s most highly anticipated smartphone. All eyes are on Samsung, as they try to make up for last year’s fiasco that was the Galaxy Note 7, which caught fire, literally. We’ve had numerous leaks about the Note 8 and these are the things we know, so far;
- First dual camera phone by Samsung
- Powered by Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895
- 6GB of RAM
- Will sport a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED screen with 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- 3300 mAh battery that had undergone the 8-point battery safety check
- Improved functionalities of the S-Pen
- greater than the 83% screen-to-body ratio, set by the Galaxy S8
- Fingerprint scanner most probably at the back, beside the camera like the Galaxy S8, as pointed out by case maker Olixar.
We could only imagine reaching for the fingerprint scanner will be extra hard, considering the size of the Note 8. It’s also interesting how Samsung plans to deploy the dual camera; would it be a normal-zoom combo like on the OnePlus 5 and iPhone 7 or a normal-wide angle combo like the LG G6, or maybe a colored-black and white camera combination like Huawei’s Mate 9. We will just have to wait and see.